Friday, May 1, 2009

Book Review: Ender's Game

'Ender's Game' by Orson Scott Card.

VERDICT: INSOMNIA INDUCING

Won the 1985 Nebula Award and the 1986 Hugo Award. A thoroughly enjoyable book. Set in the future, the tale centres around the life of a boy and the struggles he faces. Despite the science-fiction background this is a story of humanity with well-developed characters and a page-turning plot. My only complaints about the book are (1) there are ONLY 6 further books in the series and 4 in the related shadow series, hoping for more as he's still writing (2) The rest of my life was accidentally put on hold while reading these books, still recovering from the extreme sleep deprivation. I will tell you nothing further, I read the book based only on the recommendation that it was a good book and I'm glad no one spoiled it on me.

2 comments:

  1. There are 6 more in that series? I'm so sorry to have given you more books. Go get some sleep.

    K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankfully I've finished reading them, couldn't even pause long enough to review the first one! You need to read them.

    Review of 'The Name of the Wind' soon to be written too, now that I've finished reading it.

    ReplyDelete