Friday, November 14, 2008
I had a nice formula for something. Then I couldn't prove its validity when I went to type up my results. Wrote up things the awkward formula-free way. Asked my supervisor for help because I'd found a flaw in the formula. So he gave me a helpful idea. Which was great, I wrote up a nice new proof of the formula. Except I then realised I still have the same little flaw. Have now eventually found a work-around, which is a pain, and can continue. Continue and completely re-write and re-latex all my major work that is. So relieved and dejected. An interesting combination, added to which we have the nerves about the poster I'm trying to design. Lots of working late this week will probably be continuing for some weeks.